Time to Complete4 Weeks
Gain a holistic view of the entirety of corporate finance. At its heart, corporate finance focuses on two basic questions – financing (how to raise money) and investing (how to spend that money). Focusing on six key ideas, almost all of which have won Nobel prizes, you’ll learn how to find the best ways to answer these two questions. You’ll apply these ideas to analyze project investment and corporate valuation, as well as the best forms and ways to raise capital, why corporate governance is necessary and how to handle situations where the markets are not efficient.
You will learn how to…
- Analyze investment decisions made by firms and assess their impact on cash flow streams using net present value calculations.
- Evaluate the value of stocks and bonds, and assess the risk and return of a portfolio.
- Calculate the cost of capital to determine the optimal capital structure of a firm.
- Analyze derivative markets and make hedging decisions to manage risk exposure.
- Develop strategies to mitigate agency problems and information asymmetry in decision-making and evaluate the role of corporate governance in reducing risk exposure.
And learn the skills connected to careers including…
Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance Officer, Corporate Investment Banker, Corporate Treasurer, Financial Adviser, Financial Risk Analyst, Cost Analyst, Commercial Banker
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.