Time to Complete4 Weeks
Learn the fundamentals within the field of public administration. You’ll examine the major intellectual and constitutional foundations of American government and public administration as well as current trends. You will also gain in-depth knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of key governmental processes, the historical development of the field, contributions of social science to understanding organizations, and ethical issues in contemporary government activities.
You will learn how to…
- Develop strategies to improve the delivery of public services and programs by various institutions and non-institutions in the government processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of public administration in managing and leading different types of organizations, including cities, counties, special districts, state and federal agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Apply social science concepts in public administration to real-world situations, including politics-administration distinctions, organizational decision-making, and leadership theories.
- Create innovative solutions to challenges faced by public management subfields, including human resource management, performance measurement, strategic planning, community development, program evaluation, and budgeting.
- Analyze the impact of emerging ethical issues on public administration and propose strategies to address them.
And learn the skills connected to careers including…
Government Administrator, Government Relations Manager, Business Administrator, Policy Researcher, Management Consultant, Human Resource Specialist, Lobbyist, Legislative Aid, Government Relations Manager, Public Policy Analyst
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.