Time to Complete4 Weeks
Following the international financial crisis of 2007–2008, global businesses and governmental leaders have taken profound measures to change the structure of financial markets to ensure such a crisis does not happen again. This is the activity of financial regulation – the attempt of authorities to control economic risks.
Explore the liberalization of international financial markets, the development of international regulations in response to crises, and how the most recent watershed has shaped the current global economic environment. You’ll be equipped with an understanding of key elements in financial regulation, such as the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, as well as important historical events, including the Breton Wood Conference of 1944 and the Herstatt Bank failure of 1974. Finally, you’ll explore the benefits and challenges of liberalization related to saving and investments, market forces on government action, and the creation of derivative instruments aimed at managing risk, among other relevant topics.
You will learn how to…
- Analyze the historical and contemporary factors that have shaped the global financial system.
- Conduct a risk assessment of international financial markets, identifying factors that contribute to instability and potential crises.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various regulatory frameworks in mitigating risk and promoting stability in the international financial system.
- Compare and contrast the roles and functions of major financial institutions in the post-financial crisis world, and their impact on global financial stability.
- Critically analyze the impacts of contemporary geopolitical events, such as the Covid-19 pandemic, emergence of crypto currencies, and conflict in Ukraine, on the global financial system.
And learn the skills connected to careers including…
Financial Analyst, Financial Manager, Investment Banker, Financial Advisor, Management Consultant, Financial Risk Analyst, Stockbroker, Venture Capitalist, Actuary
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.