Time to Complete4 Weeks
Examine the overall core aspects of operating systems design and implementation. You’ll explore key topics including developing knowledge of operating systems by reviewing different types of OS to understand system concepts (process and memory management, process coordination, device drivers, file systems, starvation/deadlock), functionalities of files system management (such as log-structured file systems, distributed file systems, memory-based file systems), user interface, programs and implementation approaches and steps. You’ll also use case studies to understand design approaches on how operating system types (batch, time-sharing/multitask, distributed, network, mobile, Microsoft windows, Apple iOS, Linux, etc.) may be used in a particular solution scenario and how they impact coding decisions.
You will learn how to…
- Review the key operating system concepts and components of operating systems such as processes, threads, and shared memory.
- Describe various operating system types, usage, and how they are implemented based on the various architecture designs.
- Analyze best practice approaches to installing an operating system, such as structural layout, file system management, load management, and other criteria.
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques for simple and complex computing designs to solve functionality and performance problems.
- Plan design strategies to design solutions to function on various operating system platforms by considering how the end-user will access the application or software.
And learn the skills connected to careers including…
Applications Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Database Administrator, Information Systems Manager, IT Consultant, IT Technical Support Officer, Penetration Tester, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.