Time to Complete6 Weeks
Developed in collaboration with Canva, this course is intended for professionals who want to develop their theoretical and practical expertise in UX design.
Build upon the fundamentals of the UX design process using design thinking methodologies. You’ll focus on developing the knowledge and skills needed to successfully implement design thinking practices, while driving the highest business value grounded UX design. You’ll then apply this knowledge to develop a UX optimization plan. The curriculum was developed in consultation with experienced, senior design thinking leaders, and UX professionals who regularly translate the outputs of the design thinking process into tangible products and user-centered business solutions.
In this course, you will:
- Analyze and apply a design thinking approach to the development phase of the UX design process.
- Develop concepts into meaningful UX solutions.
- Align UX design to strategic business value,
- Plan for a successful UX implementation.
- Consider the future of work and its implications on UX design professionals.
Additionally, you’ll develop the foundation knowledge underpinning the end-to-end UX Design process and learn how this connects to the business outcomes. You’ll apply this knowledge to develop a UX Roadmap and portfolio of artefacts.
You’ll learn how to…
- Articulate and analyze the design thinking process in specific organizational contexts to support decision-making.
- Create mid to high-fidelity prototypes to test and validate design decisions and iterate on testing feedback.
- Produce effective UX research and apply insights to inform UX iteration and outline considerations for a successful launch.
- Reflect on your learning by describing the process you followed.
And elevate your skills and career…
- There is a significant shortage of qualified UX designers across all geographies including the UK, USA and Australia.
- Job growth for UX designers is expected to rise 14.9% over the next ten years according to Burning Glass (Design Mortals 2020).
- The Onward Search Creative, Marketing and Technology Salary Guide 2020 identified UX designers as the second most in-demand role for the second year in a row.
- UX design remained one of the top five in-demand skills according to a 2020 LinkedIn report and continued to grow as UX became a Google ranking factor in 2021.
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.