Time to Complete6 Weeks
This course was developed in collaboration with GitHub and experienced senior programmers and IT professionals highly knowledgeable in Python programming. Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of programming with Python and what is involved in a programming role, including how to install, and set up Python. You’ll then focus on practicing the building blocks of Python programs, the features, and functions of object-oriented programming, and how to leverage commonly used libraries and tools, including GitHub. You’ll focus on developing the knowledge and skills required to successfully begin a career in a software development environment, including building the confidence to begin programming applications with Python. You will:
- write Python programs
- explore basic Python elements and debug code
- recognize the elements of object-oriented programming
- create and manage files and versions
- describe the API economy and spec-driven development
- build and consume secure APIs
You’ll learn how to…
- Use Python to write a simple program.
- Justify the appropriate use of APIs in a business context.
- Use Python libraries to access data through APIs.
- Write and document an API.
And elevate your skills and career…
- With tech and software development increasing its presence in the recent past, the need for programming capability across the economy has continued to grow at a dramatic rate. According to a recent Tech Nation survey, there was a 42% increase in demand for roles within the digital technology sector between 2019 and 2021.
- According to Tech Nation, software developers are the number one sought after role in the tech sector. According to Accenture, this demand grew by 10% in the first six months of 2021, and “the war for tech talent” is expected to grow well into 2022.
- Companies like Google, Dropbox, and Instagram all rely heavily on Python, as does NASA, and countless smaller ventures. In November 2021, Python was the top program in TIOBE's Programming Community Index, a position it held consistently in 2020.
Accelerate your career in your own time. Enroll now to get started today.